Friday, August 22, 2008

You Can't Have One Without The Other

When I found that my sister was going to have twins I was floored! Two babies. Would they look alike? Would they act alike? Or would they be compeletly different? Twins have always facinated me and watching my niece and nephew growing up has been such an amazing thing.







My Lili-Bear, my beautiful God-daughter is quite and a little timid. She is very straight faced almost all the time. Everytime I see her she makes me work for her approval and her attention Making her smile is a big accomplishment. Making her laugh is even more rare and even more wonderful. Lili is loving and will cuddle and squeeze a doll or teddy bear so sweetly. She has always been the bigger twin and even in utero was kicking her brother. She has straight dark hair that has finally reached a length that can be combed into pig tails. Lili loves to dance and loves to repeat and follow around her cousin Day-day. (even though day-day is still a bit afraid of her). She have started calling us Nani, instead of Nino and Nina, and we love our new nickname. Lili, my love, you are thoughful and as you observe everything around you I know that you are taking it all in. Storing words and memories.



Our little man Felix, our Poparah. You are all boy. You love cars and dirt and guitars. You are little and skinny and all ribs, but with your big mouth you are the loud one. You talk at a higher volume than most. I think this comes from your Nana. You're fast and crazy and love to be outside running or throwing things. You like to be one of the guys and follow your Dad around, carrying around his lunch box or coffee mug. Like your sister, you have some great dance moves. You do have a mellow side to you, which works out because your sister is always taking toys and things away from you. You are attacking life and learning new things constantly. And no one can resist that smile of yours.





Together you can turn anything into a competition. Even coloring turns into a contest of who can have the most crayons!



I asked The Phi what she like best about her little cousins and she said.." I like Lili because she likes to play with me. I like Poparah because he shares his cars with me"
Happy 2nd Birthday my Loves. Our little ying and yang, because you can't have one without the other. I can't remember our lives without your two in it. We didn't know it then, but now we do, we needed you both to complete this family of ours.

5 comments:

  1. shout out to myself for taking that cute picture of them at my gym! lol Happy Birthday Babies! We are going to have so much fun at Chuck E Cheese tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Feliz cumpleanos to my LiliBear and FelixMa. pn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so sweet. They are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to my babies, who are not babies anymore. Now i have two 2 year old! Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Oh my gosh,they are soooo cute! These pics take me back to when my twins were that small.*sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Dirt Road Diary- Berdoo Canyon

It had been awhile but Joey recently convinced me to head out on an off-roading adventure. Mostly because the San Berdoo trail ends inside J...