Thursday, August 07, 2008

Birthdays and Bowling

The lake never changes really. It is always as spectacular as the year before.
The second day we were there we celebrated my Pop's 55th Birthday! Cinco himself is now double cinco! We had dinner at Ducey's and back to the house for gifts, cake, and shots!
The Phi did great in the lake this year. Between the life jacket and a floatie she was swimming around with the rest of us.
We had dinner at Miller's Landing one night. And when The Phi didn't finish her chocolate ice cream, the twins were more than happy to finish it for her!

My sister and I (along with our husbands of course) took the kids to the local children's museum. The twins had a blast.
We did our annual pizza and bowling night. Some of us bowled well....
others did not! PR Dad was the big winner of the night!
We spent most days hanging out on our dock and taking turns riding the jet ski around the lake. PR Dad and I went out a few times. I even drove a couple of time. And this one time PR Dad thought he would be all cool and tried some crazy turn and dumped us both off the jet ski! Even The Phi got to take a little 3 mph cruise around our cove a few times!
All and all in was a great year. Despite PR Dads drunken comedy hour and The Phi getting rashy and sick, and Tia Day-day getting sick. We are already counting down the days until next year!


See them all my Bass Lake pictures here

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Looks like everyone had a blast! I totally remember going to Ducey's as a kid.

    My grandparents had a couple acres and a custom build house up in Oakhurst. We'd visit about 3-5 times a year, and Ducey's was always a stop.

    Bass Lake was cool, but the only real reason I looked forward to those trips, outside of visiting my grandparents, was to go into Yosemite. I will always love that park.

    ReplyDelete

Dirt Road Diary- Berdoo Canyon

It had been awhile but Joey recently convinced me to head out on an off-roading adventure. Mostly because the San Berdoo trail ends inside J...