Tuesday, January 29, 2008

He Used the A Word

Last Friday The Phi has an appointment with her allergist. I like the guy enough, he is funny and really great with the kid. The Phi was a champ! No whining, no crying, she even let them take her blood pressure with no fuss. The appointment was just a follow up to see how The Phi is progressing. I told him my concerns about the connection between The Phis bad behavior and taking Zyrtec. I have noticed that the day after she takes her allergy medicine before bed she is much more cranky and irritated. She he gave me some new medicine to try. So far its been working okay. We were hoping that she would grow out of allergies, but instead the Dr. muttered the "A" word, asthma. The Phi's allergic reactions are moving from skin, to sinus, and from there it typically becomes asthma. He even drew a little diagram for me. There is nothing we can do about it but watch for signs. We need to look out for coughing at night and short of breathe while playing. Neither of which I have noticed with The Phi. I am still hoping that she out grows all this. That she will one day be able to eat anything and everything, and will never have trouble breathing. I know that it could be a lot worse, but it is still hard to deal with allergies, I imagine dealing with a 3 year old with asthma it not much fun to deal with either.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    The Phi will be fine. She's an amazing child. pn

    ReplyDelete

Dirt Road Diary- Berdoo Canyon

It had been awhile but Joey recently convinced me to head out on an off-roading adventure. Mostly because the San Berdoo trail ends inside J...